Now is the perfect time to embark on a caravan makeover
Let the new grand design begin
Thursday, 07, Jan 2021 10:36
By Emma Dodd
With the country being plunged back into lockdown, your caravan might be the last thing on your mind right now, but it's a great place to look for hope and to focus on the future.
Lockdown projects have proven popular in the first and second wave of restrictions and there's no reason why this shouldn't be the case now we've been asked to stay at home once more.
In fact, now is the perfect time to give your caravan or motorhome a fresh new look, as the vaccine offers hope you'll be able to get out and about in it in the not-too-distant future.
While many people who had not embraced the touring lifestyle before went out and purchased vans to do up, we think it's a trend firmly confirmed caravan aficionados can embrace too.
Why now is the time
Since none of us are supposed to be going very far from home, you can start a fairly large DIY project in your caravan safe in the knowledge you won't be caught out with an impromptu trip away.
Spending some time thinking about your beloved leisure vehicle and planning the changes you want to make can offer focus at a time when so much seems out of our control.
It will represent an investment in all the future trips you'll be able to enjoy once the coronavirus pandemic is over and touring can return to normal.
Tasks to give your caravan a new look
- A lick of paint - use a specialist product that is designed to cover materials like wood veneer and MDF to give your caravan a totally new vibe.
- Replace the soft furnishings - it's amazing how new curtains and reupholstering your van's cushions can make it feel like a whole new caravan.
- Brighten it up with new lighting - depending on the age of your caravan, switching bulbs for LEDs may be a task you've put off for a while, but it will make your vehicle a lot brighter.
- Add extra fittings - over the years you might have thought about adding extra shelves, mirrors or other fittings to your van and now would be a great opportunity to get it done.
- Invest in accessories - from microwaves to awnings and new sound systems to trendy cookware, there's plenty of ways to add a little luxury to your leisure vehicle.